Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bush bags brownie points






Today marked five years since 9-11, and I swear I honestly forgot until I saw CNN blasting on TV when I was having lunch this afternoon.


President Bush said Monday night the war against terrorism is "the calling of our generation" and urged Americans to put aside differences and fight to victory.


"America did not ask for this war, and every American wishes it were over," Bush said in a prime-time address from the Oval Office. "The war is not over — and it will not be over until either we or the extremists emerge victorious."


It’s not that I don’t care for the war, to be quite frank I really haven’t kept up on with what’s going on. All I know is, war is bad and Bush pushed the nation for war, therefore Bush is bad (I learned this in logic; it’s called deductive reasoning). The main point of this entry is, like the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, 9-11 too, is spun as an attempt to unite a much divided country and to bring up Bush’s likeability factor in the polls, since it has dropped down to about 50%. Bush would like us to all hold hands and sing “Kumbiyah”(sp) and reminisce about how tragic 9-11 was, and how he helped our nation do something about it, verses thinking about how he wasn't always right, like when he “acknowleded that Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people."

Maybe I'm just a Bush hater but I swear his PR team is going nuts, trying to spin these moments so that he can gain extra brownie points in the public opinion polls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! i was just wondering if you could tell me how you posted pictures on your blog. i followed the help menu instructions several times but the picture never shows on my blog. thanks!