Thursday, August 31, 2006
blogger is a piece of shit
I really don't like blogger. It is slow, it doesn't update quickly, I keep getting odd errors, and layout sucks. With new blogger websites availiable, such as Xanga or Livejournal, that has a much easier lay out, structure, formating, and it also updates real time without having to republish your blog, everytime you update; i dont understand why google is lagging on making blogger equivilant to its rivals. I even signed up for the new beta blogger verson, and it sucks. I had a blogger when it first came out, like 6 years ago, and nothing has changed. And don't get me wrong, staying the same isnt bad, but when it comes to technology and my sanity, it is! Blogger sucks. I hate blogger, and knowing this program, this post probably won't show for another day or 2, if even that. Lame shit.
6 comments:
You can use Livejournal for this assignment if you like. I'm not familiar with Xanga, but if it meets the requirements then you can use it, too. Your blog needs to be (1) publicly available, (2) accessible without registration/password, and (3) allow comments from any reader. That said, if you are a journalist major, I recommend sticking with Blogger. It will get easier, I promise. I'm familiar with Livejournal and in the world of blogging it's not considered to be a serious blogging tool. (Those cute mood icons, for example, are a little precious, don't you think?)
Livejournal may not be the most professional method, but the point is, is that it gets the job done; especially for the computer incompetent. Therefore blogger should incorperate and improve its product.
And i forgot to mention, I am not computer incompetent.
I am completely new to blogging and I find that blogger is difficult. I am not so familiar with other blogging tools and stuff so I don't have very many ideas. But you definitely have a prospective on this issue and that prspective is obviously negative. Great blog and interesting comment. I feel a little overwhelmed and you seem to know what you are talking about so when I need advice I will definitely come to you.
KPHA: Like I said, you can use Livejournal if you want to. There are other students in the class who are.
Tiffany: I never said it would be easy... that's part of the learning experience. You'll learn a lot about blogging by the end of the term, I promise. (And feel free to try Livejournal, too, if you like.)
Post a Comment