Monday, September 18, 2006

Son of the Ring





Whoaw

What do you call the son of an author? Is he too an author?

I have no idea, but author J.R.R Tolkien's son is going to finish 'Children of Hurin', Tolken's unfinished novel. Why does that seem wrong? Tolkien's son could have assisted in writing the bible, but he is still no J.R.R Tolkien. Somethings are better left as is, like Steven Kings unfinished Internet novel. If King handed your next door neighbor his unfinished book and told him to finish the novel, would it still be as good? Would you even bother to read it? Cause really, who the hell are you 'Lord of the Ring' son, and what makes you think you can do it any better, leave your daddy's stuff alone. Boo.

I'm not insinuating anything but how much do you think he'll get paid for writing and releasing this novel? Does anyone feel that maybe another movie will be made?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that also happened with the Dune series. Frank Herbert's son now writes the books.

I guess if you are the son of an author and you are also an author, then you get to be called an author.