
Howard Stern, I must admitt, is a funny but dirty little man. I swear I read somewhere that a few weeks ago he knocked up and then married Anna Nicole, but I may be wrong. His show has done many things for radio, for example, his raunchy nature has pushed the FCC regulations into fining him/ his program, quite a substantial amount of money. I also, remember the controversy between him an Oprah over the phrase ‘toss salad’ , in which he blames the FCC for targeting him and his show, but did not fine Oprah when you joked about the sexual connotations of ‘tossing salad.’
He is considered an innovator for radio, and made history by signing a five year contract with Sirus Satellite Radio. “The "King of All Media" has been dubbed a shock jock for his highly controversial use of scatological, sexual and racial humor.” In 2006, Howard was elected into Time Magazine's "Time 100: The People who shape our world" and was ranked #7 in Forbes Magazine's 2006 annual Celebrity 100.
Howard Stern has greatly influences and shaped radio because he is part comedian, radio personality, and news reporter/ instigator. What makes his show interesting is that somehow, he gets people to reveal the truth, no matter how insulting or low of a tactic he must resort to. He has been able to get Sarah Michelle Gellar to reveal what type of birth control she uses to how many female celebrities Fred Durst has slept with. His ruthless nature makes for interesting radio.
His show is the dirty version of a Barbara Walters special.

Changing the pace a little, I have my secret obsessions with TV also. Three of the most influential television programs in my opinion would be: Friends, Sex and the City, and Will and Grace.


Good television shows are great when people remember them. Great television shows are great because they have the ability to change society. For example, the show Friends, the theme song is recognizable anywhere and so is the logo, and for a period in time everyone wanted the Rachel haircut. With Sex and the City the show made the name Manolo Blanc a hose hold name. Will and Grace made gay culture more accepted, and showed that it could become a norm. These three shows all greatly impact not only us as individuals but as a society. These shows start trends, fads, and a whole new language. Can anyone tell me what I mean when I say, ‘oh he’s my lobster?’ Enough said.
1 comment:
Isn't that Ozzy Osbourne with Barbara Walters?
Post a Comment