The telephone Verses

The Internet
OY, so here is the situation: It is late, 'ring ring' my phone goes off and it's from a fellow classmate reminding me that there is an assignment due. We both agree wit would be much easier to e-mail each other verses doing the assignment via phone.
The next day: 'Ring ring'
Classmate:"I never got your mail"
Me: "WHAT!"
Then I scramble to try to re-mail her my e-mail, only to find that my Internet connection is down. My life is over. My Internet is down. (insert a sad face here)
The problem with the Internet is that we, society, have become far to reliant on it. When my internet is down, I feel as if I had lost touch with the whole world since I am unable to check my mail or even my Myspace. I feel incompetent and incapable of surviving. I am unable to breath, ok, I may be exagerating, but it is very annoying.
We take advantage of simple things like actually meeting up in class to discuss a project, or even just staying on the phone; however, these days people are in such a hurry that 5 minutes on the phone seems to take too long.
Anyway, in the end, I was finally able to log on to my internet settings at SJSU, only after resttarting and fiddling with my computer for 20 minutes or so. I sent her my answers and life was ok again.
THe moral of this tale, walk away from the internet, shut off your monitor and go do something.
1 comment:
I love that phone. Have you seen the toaster in my office?
Post a Comment