
"Government officials in Malawi announced today that Madonna has already gone through with her adoption, choosing a one-year-old orphan from among 12 children specially chosen prior to her arrival.
'She asked us to identify boys only, which we have done after visiting four orphanages in Lilongwe," government spokeswoman Adrina Michiela said. Michiela said Madonna had wanted to adopt a girl but changed her mind two weeks ago.'"
For more go here
Reps for Madonna deny the whole thing.
Obviously, people like Brad-gelina and Madonna influence us,with help from the media. We aspire to be like them, they are our idols. However, unlike the Manolo Blanc, once we're bored and over these fads, we can't give children back, and we can just stick them in the back of out closets (if you do let me know so I can call social services). Where do we draw the line? The media should have some sort of moral duty to remind the public that just because the celebs do it, and even though the media plays it up, we don't need to mimic it. I propose the media provide safety captions, like the ones on cds which read 'explicit lyrics,' except the sign will read, 'don't be stupid, do not immitate.'
1 comment:
Haha. I was thinking of writing a post along those lines. Damn celebrities. How I love them so. :P
Post a Comment