Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm not a good media consumer =[

Everyone is a different type of media consumer. So exactly what type of media consumer am I? Probably not a great one. On average i squeeze in approx. 1-2 hours of t.v per day, music is constantly on blast, and i am constantly viewing ads. In addition, i also realized that i only own 5 cds. Does that mean i only have 60+ songs to listen to.. no. Let's just say, I remember what Napter was like because I actually used napster. I didn't realize how few cds i had until i got the email telling me to bring a store bought cd to class. Does that make me a bad consumer? I remember watching an episode of south park a few nights ago, when stan was protesting and refused to make music until people stopped bootlegging songs, but in the end he realized maybe bootlegging wasn't that bad and that artist should make music for the people and for their love of music, verses being super rich. And instead of being super rich, they can be kind of rich. I liked that reasoning.

No comments: